COVID-19 is an infectious illness brought on by the just lately found coronavirus. The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily by way of droplets of saliva or discharge from the nostril when an contaminated particular person coughs or sneezes. The virus enters the physique by way of nostril, mouth and eyes. Some current research recommend that virus could also be airborne and might be unfold by way of advantageous contaminated droplets that stay suspended within the air in closed air-conditioned environments of places of work, AC cabs-buses, purchasing malls and theatres resulting from absence of cross-ventilation, even if you end up not in direct contact with an contaminated particular person.
COVID-19 transmission might be decreased by:
- Staying at dwelling if doable, particularly if you’re greater than 60 years or lower than 5 years of age, or have comorbidities like diabetes, hypertension or persistent illnesses. Keep away from assembly guests at dwelling.
- Washing your palms and face at common intervals with cleaning soap and water.
- Sporting a masks always when out of the home.
- Social distancing – conserving a distance of 6 ft from others when out of the home.
- Cleansing the ceaselessly touched surfaces with disinfectant recurrently.
- Avoiding closed areas with central air-conditioning like places of work, malls, and many others. with insufficient recent air.
- Guaranteeing correct vitamin by way of balanced weight-reduction plan, sustaining hydration with loads of fluids, boosting immunity by way of recent fruit juices, natural drinks and turmeric in milk.
- Day by day train and meditation.
- Taking your day by day prescribed medicines recurrently. Don’t self-medicate.
- Keep away from going close to sick individuals.
Search medical recommendation at any time when wanted. Teleconsultations can be found at Medanta. Register on Medanta eClinic or name 0124 4834566 for assist.
• Ministry of Well being & Household Welfare Tips
• WHO guidebook for Help for Rehabilitation Self-Administration after COVID19- Associated Sickness
• US- Centre for illness Management (CDC)